Monday, October 3, 2011

Old and Beautiful #2

This is a photo of an old bridge in British Columbia called the Rudy Johnson Bridge.

Although you can't see it in this photo, the bridge is painted red.

"The Rudy Johnson Bridge on the old Soda Creek road is a remarkable piece of the area’s history. In reaction to his wife’s near drowning after falling off the ferry on her way home one day, Rudy Johnson located an abandoned bridge in Alaska, transported it to Soda Creek piece by piece and reconstructed it, so as to cross the Fraser River safely to his Buckskin Ranch. It was the only private toll bridge spanning the Fraser River, until purchased by the government in 1978."
taken from here.

Photo by L in BC.

1 comment:

  1. Ladys..You came to my blog today and commented on the Men Quilt Too quilt show. You made mention of a few men belonging to your guild.

    if they would like to be a part of the show please have them contact me via my email.

    alliesgrandma@earthlink.net

    They do not have to have a blog or website... They can send me an email with a short bio of themselves and some photos of their quilts and I will create a special page on my blog for them as I have the other 2.

    ReplyDelete